Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase or sign up through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclaimer for more info.
Amazon has almost 12 million products in its inventory across multiple categories and services, including automotive, home, and technology. Amazon earned an average of $17 million in sales per hour for net revenue of around $386.06 billion in 2020.
However, Amazon isn’t the only company generating a fortune. Affiliate marketers control about 45% of Amazon’s market share. With over 900,000 members, the Amazon Affiliate Program is one of the biggest affiliate networks in the world.
This detailed tutorial will go through the ins and outs of Amazon’s affiliate marketing program. We’ll answer the most frequently asked questions about how the Amazon affiliate program works, such as how much money you can make as an associate, what popular product categories, how to find the best goods for your niche, and more. Let’s get this party started!
Table of Contents
- 1 What exactly is the Amazon Affiliate Program? And how does it work?
- 2 Do You Have What It Takes to Be an Amazon Affiliate?
- 3 What Are the Top Amazon Commission Categories?
- 4 Fixed Commission Income Rates for Amazon Product Categories
- 5 What factors do you consider while selecting Amazon products for your niche?
- 6 What is an Amazon Affiliate Link?
- 7 How Does an Amazon Affiliate Get Paid?
- 8 Conclusion
What exactly is the Amazon Affiliate Program? And how does it work?
The Amazon Affiliate Network, also called “Amazon Associates,” is a global referral program that pays marketers who post links to their websites that lead to sales of Amazon products.
When a customer clicks on your affiliate link, you will be compensated based on the item(s) they purchase within the next 24 hours.
Joining the Amazon Affiliate program is entirely free. You can learn more about becoming an Amazon Affiliate by clicking here.
Do You Have What It Takes to Be an Amazon Affiliate?
You may become Amazon’s next biggest affiliate marketer by posting clickable links wherever you go.
What Are the Top Amazon Commission Categories?
To rack up significant sales figures, you must first ensure that you are operating in a successful area. Amazon features over 40 sections, including Arts and Crafts, Electronics, Toys, Games, Clothing, and more.
You must conduct critical research to determine which items are the most popular. Just so you know, this list is constantly being updated. Gardening tools, for example, are likely to have a higher market value in the spring than in the winter.
You could also consider the less volatile fixed commission income rates for Amazon product categories:
Fixed Commission Income Rates for Amazon Product Categories
The figures above show how commission rates change across different Amazon product categories. While video games may appear higher on popular Amazon product lists, keep in mind that video game sales have one of the lowest commission rewards.
What factors do you consider while selecting Amazon products for your niche?
After deciding which product categories to advertise based on popularity and commission earnings, you’ll need to narrow your focus to focus only on the goods that best meet the demands of your target audience.
Here’s a summary of the parameters you should consider while putting together a list of product ideas to advertise on your website:
- High-quality goods: Choose goods with a high rating. People are unlikely to purchase something rated three stars or lower.
- Products for Everyday Use: Select goods that people use regularly. People are more likely to buy things they can see themselves using often.
- Products suited to your target audience: Choose items your target market would appreciate. It makes little sense for an electronics blog to be associated with wooden spoons.
- Choose items you can see yourself using: You won’t be able to create exciting articles on items if you can’t imagine yourself using them. Choose items that are simple to discuss.
- Look for “upscale” possibilities: Choose things that complement one another. For example, coffee machine + thermos; camping tent + sleeping bag; laptop + headphones. The options are limitless!
- Consider the terms “quantity” and “quality.” Affiliate marketers use Buyers Guides as a fantastic content production strategy. Choose items that are easy to get, and then make a buyer’s guide that compares and suggests several brands.
What is an Amazon Affiliate Link?
When it comes to affiliate links, Amazon has a strict policy. You can create links in several ways, such as using their Product Links Tool, Banner Creation Tool, and Site Stripe.
Software for product integration
Amazon’s Product Link Tool allows you to create personalized text, pictures, or both connections to Amazon products:
To establish a product link, navigate to the Product Linking option on your Associates Central dashboard. In the drop-down box, select Product Links. Enter your product’s Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASID). Then press the “Go” button. Your new affiliate link will then appear. Click “Get link” for other possibilities, such as producing an image-only link.
Tools for Creating Banners
You can use the Banner Creation Tool to make banners that look good and link to certain Amazon products, categories, or sales.
To use the Banner Creation Tool, select Product Linking from the drop-down option. You may select from a huge range of banners organized by size and genre.
Many Amazon Associates believe that SiteStripe is the simplest way to establish affiliate links. This tool allows you to create links directly from the Amazon page you’re on:
To activate Site Stripe, go to your Associates Central dashboard and choose Tools. Before clicking on the “Learn More” option on SiteStripe, read the brief description. This will open the Display Settings window. Move the toggle switch to enable it there.
Visit the Amazon Tools, and Features site for additional information on how to make Amazon Links with the Product Links tools, the Banner Creation Tool, and Site Stipe.
After you’ve made the links and pictures, you can start adding them to your marketing platform.
How Does an Amazon Affiliate Get Paid?
The average Amazon affiliate earns between $100 and $20,000 by posting affiliate links on their blog, website, or social media posts.
You can collect your commission money in one of three ways:
- Mailed-In check
- Direct Deposit
- Amazon gift card
Before Amazon pays you for that month, your monthly profits must meet a certain level. Direct deposits and Amazon gift cards have a $10 minimum. If you prefer to get paid by check, you must earn a minimum of $100.
If you do not meet the minimum level before the end of the month, your earnings will be carried over to the following month.
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Amazon Affiliate Program. You can join the hundreds of thousands of affiliate marketers who make money from their online content by becoming an Amazon Associate.
In this tutorial, we addressed some of your most pressing issues about getting started with the Amazon Affiliate program, including:
- What is the Amazon Affiliate Program and how does it work?
- How to see if you are eligible to be an Amazon Affiliate
- Discover Amazon’s highest-paying commission categories.
- Product Selection on Amazon for Your Niche
- Ways to create an Amazon affiliate link.
- Learn how to earn money as an Amazon Affiliate.