The Amazon Associates program is a great way to make money as an affiliate marketer. But before you begin diving into the world of Amazon Associates and product links, it’s important first to understand how an affiliate program works.
An affiliate program allows businesses to share their products or services with interested parties by assigning them a unique link – called an affiliate link – that can be used to track clicks and purchases.
You will receive a commission when someone clicks on your link, visits your site and makes a purchase. You won’t get a commission if they don’t see any product that interests them or visit another site directly from yours without purchasing anything.
This article outlines everything you need to know about starting an Amazon Affiliate Program and setting up your website and other tips and tricks we have learned from our experience as Amazon affiliates.
What is Amazon Associates?
Amazon Associates is a program that enables bloggers and website owners to earn commission by linking to and promoting products on Amazon. Amazon Associates is not a wholesale relationship like wholesale buying groups.
An affiliate program pays you a commission whenever a visitor to your site clicks on a product link and then buys something on Amazon. You don’t have to buy the product to link to I; this can be great if you don’t have room in your budget to buy the products you recommend.
You can write reviews and provide helpful information to your readers while also earning a commission when they purchase products through your links. Amazon Associates is a program that allows bloggers and website owners to earn commission by linking to and promoting products on Amazon.
Amazon Associates is not a wholesale relationship like wholesale buying groups. An affiliate program pays you a commission whenever a visitor to your site clicks on a product link and then buys something on Amazon. You don’t have to buy the product to link to it; this can be great if you don’t have room in your budget to buy the products you recommend. You can write reviews and provide helpful information to your readers while also earning a commission when they purchase products through your links.
How Does Amazon Associates Work?
Here are the most important things you need to know about the Amazon Associates Program:
1. Link your website or blog: You don’t have to do anything to be an Amazon Associate. All you need to do is link your website or blog and tell people about Amazon products that are relevant to your content.
2. Put affiliate links on your blog/website: If you use an affiliate link on your blog or website, then when a visitor clicks on one of those links, they will automatically be taken to Amazon and will see a page that looks like this:
3. Drive traffic to your blog/website: If a visitor clicks on “buy”, they’ll be taken directly to the product page, where they can buy whatever item you recommended (or even add it to their shopping cart).
4. You get paid when they buy: If visitors buy something, amazon pays you the agreed percentage of the sale as your commission.
What You Need to Get Started with Amazon Affiliate
Starting with Amazon affiliate marketing is easy if you have the right tools and resources. Here are the things you need to get started:
- A website or blog of your own. This is where you will promote your products and services, so it needs to be professional-looking and easy to navigate.
- A good domain name. You can find many good domain names in several places, like GoDaddy and Namecheap. Make sure that your chosen site URL matches the name of your product or service.
- A WordPress website or blog theme. WordPress is an excellent choice for any type of website, including sites selling eBooks or digital products through Amazon Associates. You can use any WordPress theme, but some are optimized for Amazon’s affiliate program (such as WooCommerce).
- And lastly, set up your payment method properly. Amazon affiliate primarily pays affiliates via three channels, namely, bank transfer, check and gift card. Check this link for more details.
How Much Can Affiliates Earn with the Program?
Amazon Associates are paid a percentage of each sale based on their country of residence. For example, in the United States, Amazon pays 8% on sales under $100 and 5% on sales over $100. Click here for more details.
Who is Eligible to be an Amazon Affiliate?
Anyone can sign up to be an Amazon Associate. However, you must have a valid payment method and address to be accepted into the program. You must also have a bank account in the United States if you wish to be paid directly to your account. You must be 18 years or older. You will also be asked to sign an agreement with Amazon Associates.
How to Start an Amazon Affiliate Program
– First, you will need to sign up as an Amazon Associate. You can do this by clicking here. – Once you have signed up, you will be directed to your dashboard. There you will be able to add the products you wish to promote and create your first posts.
– Next, you will want to create a website. You can use an existing website or create a brand-new one on a WordPress platform. If you are creating a new website, make sure to add a “Legal” page and a “Privacy” page with a link to your terms and conditions.
– Once you have all of the necessary pages created, you can start creating posts and linking to the products you want to recommend.
Amazon’s Conditions for Associates
The Amazon Associates program is free to join, but it does require you to create an account with Amazon.com to get started. Once you do this, you’ll be able to link your site with Amazon’s affiliate program.
Your website must be in English – To qualify for the program; your website must be in English and be accessible to Amazon customers around the world. Currently, you can only join the Amazon Associates program if you reside in one of the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The Amazon Associates Program is a way for merchants and other people who want to make money from their websites to earn a commission by selling products on Amazon.com.
If you’re interested in becoming an Amazon Associate, here are other terms and conditions you should follow:
1) You must be 18 years of age or older.
2) You must have a valid credit card with your affiliate account at Amazon.com.
3) If you want to promote any products sold by third-party vendors on your website, then those vendors will need to be approved by Amazon before they can be listed as available through the Amazon platform.
4) Your site must conform to all applicable laws and regulations (including intellectual property laws).
5) You cannot promote misrepresentative or deceptive products or services through the Amazon Associates Program (e.g., weight loss supplements, miracle cures).
Pros and Cons of Amazon Affiliate Programs
No Upfront Investment – One of the best things about Amazon’s affiliate program is that you don’t have to invest any money upfront. Most people who are looking to create a side hustle have limited funds. If you have a website and a few products you would like to promote, it can be a great source of income.
You Control Your Schedule – Unlike physical or online jobs, being an affiliate lets you control your schedule. You can create content during your free time and publish it when it is convenient for you. The only limitation is the amount of time it will take you to research products and write your posts.
Get Paid Every Month – Another advantage of being an affiliate is that you will get paid monthly. Physical and online jobs can be sporadic and don’t always offer a consistent income. You can earn a nice monthly income from Amazon’s affiliate program, depending on how many products you want to promote.
Amazon Associates is a Noob-Friendly Program – One of the biggest advantages of being a noob-friendly affiliate program is that it is extremely simple to get started and earn money with Amazon Associates. It is also one of the most overlooked affiliate programs, as most noobs want to promote ClickBank products.
Risk of Being Penalized for Bad Links – One of the biggest risks of being an Amazon affiliate is being penalized for bad links. If someone clicks on your link and then leaves the Amazon site before making a purchase, you risk getting a warning or even being banned from the program.
Amazon affiliate program frequently asked questions.
What is Amazon Affiliate Program?
Amazon affiliate program is a simple way to earn money with your website. You can use the affiliate links on your website or in emails and make a commission on the sales you refer.
How do I get started?
It’s easy to get started with the Amazon affiliate program. First, you’ll need to create an account at Amazon.com. You can do this by clicking on the “Sign In” button in the top right corner of any page on Amazon.com and entering your information. You can do this via a browser or the Amazon Mobile App.
Once you’ve signed in, click the “Start Selling” button in the top right corner of any page on Amazon.com and go through their simple setup process. You’ll have to provide a few pieces of information (like your name, address, and phone number), but once that’s done, you’re ready to start making money from your favorite brands!
How does it work?
You can sign up for an Amazon affiliate link and place a link to products on your website, blog, or email newsletter. When someone clicks on that link and buys an item from Amazon, you’ll receive a percentage of the sale price. There are no upfront costs or fees to join the program or monthly fees!
Is it free?
Yes, the affiliate program has no upfront costs or monthly fees. You don’t even have to pay for the domain name or hosting if you already own it! If you’re interested in earning more income with Amazon than just affiliate links, check out our list of other ways to make money with Amazon below!
What is the difference between an affiliate link and an affiliate ID?
An “affiliate link” is like a hyperlink: it takes you directly to a product page for that item on Amazon.com. An “affiliate ID” is like an email address: you can use it to track your earnings from the program through your software (like QuickBooks). If you have both an affiliate ID and an affiliate link, then each time someone clicks on one of those links in your email newsletter or blog post, they will see a unique code next to their name (in green) that links directly back to your page with details about how much money they earned for clicking on it (in blue).
The Bottom Line
Affiliate marketing is a way for companies to advertise their products and services and earn commissions from sales generated by people who follow the affiliate links provided. Merchants can use the affiliate marketing model to monetize their websites or blogs. Affiliates typically receive a commission in either cash or products when someone clicks on their link and buys a product because of that click.
The Amazon Associates program allows authors and bloggers to earn money when they write reviews of books, movies, music, technology, or other products on Amazon.com. You can create an affiliate account at Amazon to get started. You’ll then need to create a link that directs potential customers to buy items through your affiliate link, so you get credit for each sale you generate through your referral links.